Monday, July 6, 2015

Monday Musing #1

It's the decision that every teacher has to make.
A topic that has hundreds of Youtube videos and blog posts dedicated to it...

WHICH TEACHER LESSON PLANNER DO I BUY?


As a new teacher, I want to make sure that I am as prepared as possible. I've been reading the texts, making notes, creating activities, and throughout all of that I have realized that I use a lot of sticky notes. 

Now I have to get organized. I already bought my lesson plan and substitute binder (I haven't figured out what to do about an IEP folder yet). I want to keep my lesson plans formal, clean, and organized in their own binder. I'll have a tab dedicated to lessons plans, powerpoints, activities, and other materials respectively. My substitute binder will have classroom information (my rules, procedures, etc), school information (map, procedures for drills, bell schedule, etc), and finally my rosters with seating charts. 

All of that doesn't give me a lot of room for planning. 
And erasing. 
And figuring out when my due dates are.
And remembering meetings and spirit weeks and half days and due dates for grades and everything else that will make my head explode if I put them all on sticky notes.
(Seriously, the wall in front of my desk is covered...)
So, herein lies the subsequent question:

PLUM PAPER PRODUCTS vs ERIN CONDREN vs MAKE MY OWN


I took to Twitter and asked all my followers (teachers as well as others) and these ended up being the top 3 options. They all have pros and cons, but let's be honest... I'm crafty (kind of) but making my own teacher lesson planner seemed extremely overwhelming and to be frank, dumb. I'm going to be a first year teacher. I have no idea what I'm going to end up needing and I don't feel comfortable making my own. I'll just leave it to the professionals.

So, my choice is between Plum Paper Designs and Erin Condren.
My decision will be made tonight, but for now I will be creating a pros and cons list for each.
If you want to give your opinion or otherwise help me out please leave your thoughts in my comments!
(No other options please. You'll just confuse me.)




Zilla

1 comment:

  1. I was just wondering the same thing! I will def be following to see what you find btw those two brands. I have heard wonderful things about Erin Condren, but I don't think I can afford the $50.00 right now. I will be checking out Plum Paper Designs because I have never heard of them before! Best of Luck!

    ReplyDelete