Friday, July 3, 2015

Frenzy on a Friday


Yesterday was the day I had been waiting for: Krispy Kreme has decided to deliver and I won a $500,000 cash prize!!!!!!! No. I'm kidding. Would be cool though. What really happened was I got a text message from my department chair asking me to meet him at the school to give me my supplies. We met at noon and we talked about where the books and other history supplies are located-- in a closet that is so jam-packed I don't know how I will sift through it all.

Now, I know the school pretty well because I had been there on and off for about two years. I started by doing observation hours there during college and teaching a unit or two. Then I was placed there for my student teaching and substitute taught the semester after I graduated. So, we didn't really need to do the full tour of the school. The only thing we needed to do (other than grab books for me to read and lesson plan with) was to show me MY VERY OWN CLASSROOM!!!!!!

So, I really need to BUY EVERYTHING. I need to CRAFT EVERYTHING. But really, I had no idea where to start. And what does someone do who needs and wanted things but also has a ton to get started on? She goes shopping! I was good. I only got one big (3'') binder, one smaller binder that I'll use as a substitute binder, and some dividers. 



When I got home I knew I needed to make everything look cute and new and like I deserved to be a teacher. I was on Google looking at patterns and backgrounds or cute quotes from Tumblr. It took a while, but I love this blue floral that I found! I will use it FOR EVERYTHING.



When my husband and I got back from dinner, he helped me move together two desks into that perfect 'L' shape that I love so much. I finally have room to spread out all of my stuff (as you can see, I have a lot of stuff) and plan the way I like to. Also, HGTV is playing to the left and that always helps! All of the buying and the cleaning and the moving around of all this stuff gave me a surge of motivation. I was up until well past 1am planning out my 1st nine weeks-- see the sticky notes on the wall above the desk. Now I need to actually look through the books and take notes.



But I also need posters. 
And an interactive timeline. 
And other pretty things.
 (And I also need more sticky notes. ALL THE STICKY NOTES.)


I know it's only July 3rd, but I feel like I have so much to do and I don't even know if what I have planned is right. Who knows if anything is going to work, but I'm excited to start working!

What are all of my other teachers working on right now?
Lesson plans?
Professional development?
A tan?


Zilla

No comments:

Post a Comment