Thursday, June 25, 2015

Day One of the Obsession

I got the call yesterday morning. The man on the other end wanted to officially offer me my dream job at the school where I student taught… and coached… and substitute taught at from January to June…

If we’re being honest, I couldn’t imagine anyone else filling the position. I bonded so well with the faculty and the secretaries and the students. I loved the sense of community within the school. It was my dream job and I landed it. I know I’m a lucky girl. 

But ever since I got that call, I’ve been going insane! Anyone who knows me or follows my tweets (@TheMrsZilla)  knows that when I’ve got a project I turn into one of those obsessive one-track-mind people. I want to do research, I want to ask questions (ASK ALL THE QUESTIONS). So when I settled into bed at 9pm I made sure to pick up some light reading, a highlighter, and my phone with the WunderList To Do app open and ready (if you don’t know what that is, look it up. It may save your life!).






So far, my to-do list is 21 items long – not counting sub tasks within those items. I’ve tagged at least ten pages with those little mini post-it notes. I’ve day dreamed about writing assignments and group projects, and even (GASP!) creating tests. This book is really just about the basics, but it has given me so much to think about that I’ve spent most of this day reading Love, Teach Blog (loveteachblog.com).


That blog (along with The Monogrammed Midwesterner @ monogrammedmidwesterner.com – THANK YOU SO MUCH, LOVELY!!) gave me the courage to start documenting my own experiences as I deal step into my first “big girl job.”


So... what do I need? Everything.
Mostly shoes that look professional. More teacher clothes. Ticonderoga pencils (for student use), cute stapler, cute tape roll, paper, notebooks... I could go on and on. I need STUFF. 
But I don't even know if I have a room yet... So, if anyone has a time machine that could just fast forward to next week, I would appreciate it.


For now I will just continue to dream about seating arrangements, posters, and my new teaching planner. If any of yall have any suggestions on teacher supplies, advice for the newbies, etc let me know in the comments!


            Zilla

No comments:

Post a Comment